Summer is starting to wind down (sorry to even say that) but race season is still going strong! Here is a list of races that are going on this month:
Saturday August 4th:
- 10th Run for the Paws 5k– The Starboard in Dewey Beach. 100% of proceeds benefit local shelters!! The race starts at 8am with packet pickup either Friday night from 5-8:30 at Bluecoast Seafood Grill (in front of Bed,Bath and Beyond) or from 6:45-7:45 race morning. Preregistration price is $22 with race week registration coming in at $25. Visit seashorestriders for more info or to register.
- Cops & Robbers 5k Run/Walk–Greene Turtle in Dover, Delaware. The race starts at 9am with a free kiddie k running at 8:55. This family friendly event and even features awards for the best cops and robbers outfits! This race benefits the Dover Police Athletic League and Fraternal Order of Police Lodge #15. To learn more or sign up visit trisportsevents.
Sunday August 5th:
- 10th Harry K Foundation 5k– The Greene Turtle in Lewes, Delaware (Five Points). This race features a 5k and 1 Mile non competitive walk. The race will kick things off with a free kiddie k around 8 followed by the 5k at 8:15. The race will also have a big post race breakfast and beer for those of age. To sign up visit races2run.com
- Athletes Against Alzheimer’s 5k Run/walk– Bethany Beach, Delaware. Check out this downtown Bethany race to support families affected by alzheimers. The course is fast and flat and is walker friendly! The race starts at 7:15 with packet pick up available the night before at Bethany Beach Suites Hotel or the morning of. To sign up visit: https://www.alzrun.com/
Tuesday, August 7th:
- Foot Pursuit in the Park 5k– Salisbury City Park, Salisbury, MD. This race has been added as part of the National Night Out celebration. The race starts promptly at 4PM with packet pickup available either Monday or right before the race at the fountain. The first 150 participants will receive a tank with their registration and everyone is invited to stick around for awards and the National Night out festivities! To learn more visit: https://runsignup.com/Race/MD/Salisbury/FootPursuitInThePark5k
Saturday, August 11th:
- Miss Utility of Delmarva 811 5k, 1 Mile Fun Run + Kiddie K– Mispillion Brewing Company-Milford, Delaware. Part of the craft beer race series, the Miss Utility run starts directly after the kiddie k which takes place at 8am. Registration will starts at 7am. Sign up to secure your Saturday morning fun! https://raceroster.com/events/2018/18557/miss-utility-of-delmarva-811-5k-1-mile-fun-walk-kiddie-k-presented-by-mispillion-river-brew
Sunday, August 12th:
- Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers 5k Run & Walk. This event will take place Sunday morning at 8am at Cape Henlopen High School. Check out the website for all the details about the event and registration. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2018-tunnel-to-towers-5k-run-walk-delmarva-registration-46526591287
- Dewey Buddy Run 5k- Dewey Beach Lions Club. Check out this 5k run/walk event in dewey that benefits Best Buddies Delaware. The race also has a free pre race kiddie dash. The main event starts at 7:30 and after the race find a full breakfast spread provided by the Lions Club. There will also be bloody marys and beer! To register or learn more about the event visit: www.deweybuddyrun.com
Friday, August 17th
- 4th Arena’s Run the Goat Again 5k– Milford, Delaware. This race benefits the Greater Milford Boys and Girls Club and takes place in downtown Milford. Race registration opens at 5:30 with the kids run kicking off at 6PM. The 5k will start at 6:45 at Arean’s on Front Street. To register visit: https://raceroster.com/events/2018/15637/4th-arenas-run-the-goat-again-5k
Saturday, August 18th:
- Chase the Chicken 3k Fun Run/Walk- Wicomico County Fair- Winterplace Park, Salisbury, MD- This brand new fun run will take place on Saturday morning at 9am as part of the county fair! Be sure to check out the facebook event or this link to read all the details about costumes, check in and all that other good stuff!! Sounds like a cluckin’ good time to me!
- 5th Breast Fest 5k– Bottle & Cork- Dewey Beach. Put on your pink and come run the Breast Fest 5k! The race starts at 8 with registration opening at 7am at the bottle and cork! Visit races2run.com to learn more or register.
Sunday, August 19th:
- 4th RBVFC Fire Fightin’ 5k– Rehoboth Beach Fire Company. This race starts and ends at the fire department in downtown Rehoboth. The race starts at 8am with packet pick up and registration opening at 6:30. You can also pick up your packet early (Saturday) at the fire house from 5-8pm. To sign up visit: https://www.seashorestriders.com/race-schedule/4th-annual-rbvfc-fire-fightin-5k-runwalk
Saturday, August 25th:
- Run, Sweat and Beers 16 Mile 5k- 16 Mile Brewery- Georgetown, DE. This first year race takes place at the brewery in Georgetown and is also part of the craft beer race series that was mentioned earlier. The race starts at 8:30AM with registration opening at 7:30. Visit this link to learn more: https://raceroster.com/events/2018/16142/run-sweat-and-beers-16-mile-5k
Sunday, August 26th:
- 9th Sundance Racing Festival–Rehoboth Beach Bandstand. This race has something for everyone so check out the seashorestriders website for all the details and options for the day! It looks like there is an option to run, swim, walk or mix it up and complete a biathlon! Check out the seashore striders page for all the details!
As always please comment with any races or details that I have missed! I try my best to create a comprehensive list but with all the races in the area some do slip through my searches!! Keep you eyes out.. you may see the Jones Crew at one or two of these runs! Happy August Miles!