You may remember that the past two years I have participated in the Run, White & Blue 5k event that is put on by Del Tech Community College in Georgetown, Delaware. The first year I ran in (2016) I pushed Reagan in the stroller and we overindulged in all the post race food and festivities. Last year I was just a few days away from welcoming Little Miss Lauren so we sent Chad out to run the 5k while the littles and I ran in the 1 mile walk (oops we just couldn’t help ourselves to walk).
Here are the details about the 2018 Run, White & Blue 5k Run/1 Mile Walk:
- When: Thursday, September 6th- 6PM rain or shine with registration starting at 5pm
- Where: Delaware Technical Community College- Owens Campus: Georgetown, Delaware- The registration takes place in the Student Service Center- it is easy to find as you will see lots people outside around this area before the race (ps indoor bathrooms)
- What it benefits: All proceeds benefit DTCC Owens Campus Scholarships for Veterans and First Responders
- Adults: $25.00 (prior to 9/3)
- Silent Marcher: $25 (A great option if you want to give but cannot make the event- plus you still get the shirt)
- Students, Veterans and First Responders: $10.00
- 1 Mile Walk: $25.00
- Kids under 5 are FREE 🙂
- Late registration goes into effect 9/3/18 so do not wait- sign up now!
- Registration: https://www.seashorestriders.com/race-schedule/5th-annual-run-white-blue-5k-run-1m-walkhttps://www.seashorestriders.com/race-schedule/5th-annual-run-white-blue-5k-run-1m-walk
Overall this race is a great way to give back, log a few miles and enjoy yourself! The course features a double loop around the beautiful campus, plenty of activities to keep people of all ages busy AND there is enough food to feed a small army (my favorite part of the event). Last year there was 256 5k runners along with a great amount of walkers and hoping for more this year! You can check out last years results here.
You can read last year’s post on the top reasons you should run this race OR you can just go ahead and sign up and experience the fun for yourself!
Like the two previous years I was given a free entry to the race to help get the word out about the awesome event!
I hope to see you there! If you see me be sure to say HI 🙂 See you at the starting line!