I love fall. Fall brings my birthday, cooler weather, football, pumpkin spice everything, and most importantly – fall races! No more heat indexes of over 100, no more 95% humidity, no more 89 degrees at 5:45 in the morning, no more summer vacations to get your dieting and training plans derailed – welcome to Fall. Welcome to the “it’s time to go out there and get a PR” time of year. Welcome to the “let’s go get after that ten mile run and then watch football all afternoon” kind of day. Welcome to the best running weather there is – welcome to FALL.
Now all you need is a new playlist to keep you motivated through all of your upcoming training runs and fall races….. well look no more! I have pulled together some fresh new music that I have been incorporating into my cycle classes and on my runs. I can’t wait to hear what you think.
- Lay It On Me – Vance Joy. I am not sure why his music is so catchy, but it is. Perfect early morning run song. Steady beat, uplifting lyrics = great Monday morning run song.
- Two High – Moon Taxi. My cycle fusion class was just as into this song as I am. I like to incorporate attacks and/or sprints.
- Feel It Still – Portugal. The Man. This song is for the one guy in my cycle class that is just as into alternative music as I am. As soon as this song came on I got a thumbs up. My obsession with this song was then validated. I am hoping this band comes to Firefly next year.
- Homemade Dynamite – Lorde. If you saw the MTV VMAs then you saw Lorde’s interpretative dance to this song. That sparked my curiosity, then I downloaded the song and added it to my running playlist. Don’t be surprised when you hit repeat again and again.
- Malibu (the Him remix) – Miley Cyrus. I have to admit, not a fan of the original version of this song. However, the remix is amazing and perfect for a high intensity interval on the bike. My sorority girls went crazy.
- Flagpole Sitta – Harvey Danger. Flashback to 1997, American Pie movies, that cliché “summer you will never forget”….. did I paint the picture? Welcome back to the best year of your life and the soundtrack that you lived by.
- OMG (feat. Will.i.am) – Usher. You were in 1997, now fast forward to 2010. It’s the best club song that we all forgot Usher sang. What happened to Usher? All those hits! Burn, You Make me Wanna, Yeah…. Come back to the Pop scene Usher.
- Welcome to the Black Parade (Steve Aoki 10th Anniversary Remix) – My Chemical Romance. Perfect for attacks in cycling. Turn up that resistance and don’t look back.
- 2U (Feat. Justin Bieber) – David Guetta. You know I can’t have a playlist without a little Bieber in it. Perfect for sprints and profusely sweating.
- Know No Better (Feat. Travis Scott) – Major Lazer. I first fell in love with this song this summer and I am still just as in love with it now. Just download it, you can thank me later.
- Best Friend (feat. NERVO, the Knocks, & Alisa Ueno) – Sofi Tuccer. For all my best running friends. Let’s get out there and crush those miles this Fall!!
This is just my kickoff to fall! Soooo many more songs to get me through the next few months. What do you think of this playlist? Would you change any of the songs, add more, or just take some out? What are your favorite songs to kill it to when the leaves change?