Good Morning- Happy Monday!
My morning routine is pretty standard. Get up, run or go to the Y, drink that first cup of coffee, and spend about 15 minutes cuddling with G2 before I start getting the kids ready for daycare and me ready for work. Often during this 15 minutes of cuddle time I will peruse my calendar for the day and see what’s on tap. Once I see what the work day holds, then I start to plan out the evening – specifically – what am I going to make for dinner? Ugh – the age old question. What do you want honey? I don’t care – whatever you want. Well I asked you first. Yeah, but you are pickier than me….. And before you know it – ten minutes of your life wasted!
Green Chef will solve all those problems for you. Green Chef sent me a free box to review – but trust me – all these opinions are my own.
Green Chef sent me three recipes to prepare. I already reviewed the Sesame Crusted Tuna here.
This post will tell you about my favorite recipe of the three: Lamb Shakshuka (500 calories: 26g fat / 20g carb / 37g protein):
This recipe was my favorite for several reasons:
- This is not a recipe that I would ever pick to make on my own. But, after trying it – I LOVED it!
- All of the ingredients were so fresh! The cilantro looked and smelled like I just picked it from my garden.
- While preparing the dish, Jimmy walked in and even commented how amazing the tomato sauce smelled – and he even got to try a spoonful. Plus – the full dish was prepared in under 35 minutes. That’s what I call a MOM WIN! This gives me more time to cuddle with G1 and G2.
- This was my first time using riced cauliflower – Delish. (I know, I know – where have I been for the past few years).
5. The use of eggs in this dish, which at first I was hesitant about adding, really put this dish over the edge for me – in a good way. And being the kind wife that I am – I even made Jimmy his own portion with no eggs. (yay – more protein for me!)
The pictures really don’t do this recipe justice. As I mentioned before, my plating skills do need some work – but the delicious flavor is there I promise!
Green Chef provides meals that are GMO free; Organic (they pioneered alongside the USDA to become the first certified organic meal kit company); and they strive to be sustainable and traceable working closely with farmers and food manufacturers who reinvest in the environment. This is a win all the way around. Finally a meal delivery company that believes in the same principles that I do – AND – they also supply delicious ingredients and recipes!
Green Chef is two for two! What excitement will the third recipe bring? Check back later this week and find out!