With school ending in just a few weeks, there is no excuse to fill your calendar up with all the local races that will taking place throughout the month of June! As always there is A LOT to offer and if you ask me I think we are all just spoiled with the amount of race options we have in our area!
Here is what is going on in June- remember the websites linked have much more info then what I post here. I simply want to preview all your options (or at least the options I can find) so you can get out and moving, logging miles and crossing finish lines!
Saturday, June 3rd:
- Doug Strong 5k, 7:30 AM. The 5k, in honor of late runner Doug White, takes place at Irish Eyes in Lewes, Delaware. Packet picket up starts at 6:30 with the race starting at 7:30.
- Run the Mill Trail 5k, 9AM. Check out this 5k Trail run taking place on Abbott’s Pond Road in Milford on the Blair’s Pond Trail. The race starts at 9AM with packet pick up opening at 8AM.
- Assateague Island National Seashore 5k, 8AM. This donation based 5k goes towards Assateague Island Alliance (AIA) which directly helps the Park. The race is capped at 100 runners so sign up quick!!
- 3rd Wave 5k, 5PM. This 3rd annual 5k takes place in Delmar, Delaware at the 3rd Wave Brewing Company. Check out the races2run website for information about a bus coming from the Lewes/Rehoboth Area. Race registration opens at 4PM with the race starting at 5PM.
Sunday, June 4th:
- Rehoboth Beach 5k Run for Economics, 7:30AM. This race starts on the boardwalk in Rehoboth on Wilmington Ave with an after party at Zoggs! As a Middle School Business Teacher this race benefits the Council for Economic Education which provides lots of great resources to teachers like me! Packet pickup takes place from 6Am-7:25 with the race starting at 7:30!
- Dewey Color Run, 10AM. This 2.8 Mile colorful fun run starts at the Rusty Rudder in Dewey with a post race at North Beach. Race registration opens at 8:30 with the runners taking off at 10.
Saturday, June 10th:
- DFRC Blud-Gold All Star 5k, 8:00 AM. Check out this 5k which takes place at Irish Eyes in Lewes and has a great cause! The race starts at 8am with registration starting at 7am.
- Beach Goes Blue- USO- John M Scharp Geck 5k, 8:00AM. This 5k takes place in Rehoboth at the Lake Gerar Park near the North end of the Boardwalk on Lakeview Street. Registration opens at 7am with the race starting at 8AM.
- Helping HALO 5k, 8:15. This donation based 5k (asking for paper towels, toliet paper, and/or sanitary products) takes place at Ben’s Red Swings at the Salisbury Park. The race helps HALO and is part of an Eagle Scout project! Come out to support two good causes. The race starts at 8:15!
Wednesday, June 14th:
- The Dover Running Festival– 1 Mile Run, 5k Run, or Double Down Run. This running festival highlights the Dover Mile. This year you can run the Dover Mile at 6PM and then join in on the 5k starting at 6:30! Registration opens at 5PM at the Governors Cafe. The Dover Mile will start at the South Dover Elementary School and end at the Governors Cafe. The 5k starts and ends at the Governors Cafe!
Friday, June 16th:
- Georgetown Public Library 5k, 7PM. My first ever 5k… every year I plan to make it back to this race but every year something else comes up. Fingers crossed for this year! The race kicks off the Strider Triple Crown Series. Registration opens at 6:00 with the race starting at 7PM!
- Stomp Out Cancer 5k, 7PM. This new 5k takes place at the Old Milford Middle School with registration opening at 6PM with the race starting at 7PM.
Saturday, June 17th:
- Run the Pond at Trap Pond 5k, 9AM. This is the reschedule race from back in May. The free family 5k takes place at Trap Pond with check-in starting at 8 and the race starting at 9, followed by post race activities at 10. Be sure to re-register if you plan to run!!
- Ben Layton Memorial 5k, 9AM. This 5k starts at Ben’s Red Swings and ends at Picnic party with a fun after party! Registration opens at 7:45. The course runs through the Salisbury Zoo and Park!
- Irish Eyes 5k Dash, 8AM. Come out to the Milton Irish Eyes for this 5k. Packet pickup starts at 7AM with the race starting at 8.
Sunday, June 18th:
- Fathers Day 5k, 7:30AM. Hit the starting line on the Rehoboth Board Walk and Wilmington Ave. at 7:30 for the 27th Fathers Day 5k! Registration starts at 6:30. The afterparty and awards take place at Zoggs!
Friday, June 23rd:
- CrossFit Dover/Team RWB 5k Run & Fitness Challenge 1.5 Mile Run, 6 PM. Come check out this event taking place at Crossfit Dover. To learn more about the 5k or the Fitness Challenge visit trisportsevents.
Saturday, June 24th
- Jungle Jim’s 5k Splash, 7:30. Come run this 5k then hang out at the water park until 9:35!! IF you want to stay longer and enjoy the park you will also be entitled to a reduced rate! Registration starts at 6:30 with the race starting at 7:30!
- Delaware Charity Challenge Race Across Killens Pond 5k, 9:30AM.
Sunday, June 25th:
- Bill Degnan Friendship 5k, 7:30 AM. This 5k takes place at the Cape Henlopen High School. If attending this race, be sure to use the Kings Highway Entrance (front) as there is another event going on in the back area. Registration will start at 6:00 AM with the race starting at 7:30!
- North Beach 5k, 8AM. Part of the Ten Sisters Series, this 5k starts at North Beach in Dewey Beach. Registration opens at 7AM.
- Bethany Beach Firecracker 5k, 7:15AM. Get a jump start on your 4th of July activities at this 5k taking place in Bethany Beach, Delaware. This double loop race starts early so you can still make it to church on time!
Wednesday, June 28th:
- Delaware Hospice 5k, 6:30 PM. This Wednesday afternoon 5k takes place in Milford at the Delaware Hospice Center on Patriots Way. Registration opens at 5:30.
WOW- so many races! Which races will you be running in June? Please leave the details in the comments with any that I missed! Happy Miles!