With the new year here I always like to update my playlist to have some new songs to get me motivated and moving! I know last year I did a similar post that you can check out as well – New Year, New Playlist.
I have been using Rock my Run quite a bit, just for the fact that I can pick a station and just go and enjoy myself, but sometimes I need certain songs to get me mentally where I need to be. I know you music-listening runners know what I am talking about. These new additions to my playlist hit different genres, BPM, and artists but all give me the spring in my step that I am desperately needing right now.
In no particular order here are my song suggestions to move you into 2017:
- Kill a Word by Eric Church
- HandClap by Fitz & The Tantrums
- All Time Low by Jon Bellion
- Fresh Eyes by Andy Grammar
- The Greatest by Sia featuring Kendrick Lamar
- Starving by Halee Steindfeld & Grey Featuring Zedd
- Closer by the Chainsmokers featuring Halsey
- Don’t let me Down by Chainsmokers featuring Daya
- Broken Arrows by Acicii
- Greenlight by Pitbull featuring Flo Rida and LunchMoney Lewis
- Hymn for the Weekend by Coldplay
- My Way by Calvin Harris
- Sit Still, Look Pretty by Daya
- On Top of the World by Imagine Dragons
- 24K Magic by Bruno Mars
- Don’t Wanna Know by Maroon 5 featuring Kendrick Lamar
With the RnR Dallas Half Marathon just a few months away (mid March) and the Zooma Run Love Challenge starting tomorrow, I know I will be frequenting this playlist!
Do you have any new, favorite songs in 2017? What song can you count on to get you moving?