So cliché to say, but 2016 flew by! It was one year in which I went into with no real goals but came out presently surprised by the results. Pictured above are the race medals from 2016. To recap the year I figured I would review some of the highlights of 2016:
- Ran 21 races
- NINE 5ks (many with the double stroller!)
- TWO 5 Milers (both the surfing snowman 5-miler.. with the way dates fell they both took place in 2016)
- ONE 8k (Dogfish Dash)
- THREE ten milers (Tim Kennard River Race, Cherry Blossom & Tommy Ten Miler)
- FIVE Half Marathons (St. Michaels, Zooma Annapolis, Baltimore, Pemberton & Annapolis Running Classic) for a total of 19 half marathons
- ONE Full Marathon (Richmond) for a total of two marathons
- Total Miles Logged: 933.3
- Total Amount of money found (both running and during every day activities): $23.69
- Published Blog Posts: 103
- Famous Runners I met this year:
- Joan Benoit Samuelson
- Bart Yasso (hands down the highlight of the year)
- Race Ambassadorships:
- St. Michaels Running Festival
- Run, White & Blue 5k
- Annapolis Running Classic
Along with the information above I also served as Race Director for the 3rd Strike Out ALS 5k this year. While sadly 2016 is the last year the race will be held, it will always hold a special place in my heart. Seeing the community pour out support and being able to raise money for the local ALS clinic each year is something I will always be proud of!
I also spent some time exploring the local trails in the area. Running on Delaware and Maryland’s trails is slowly becoming one of my favorite things to do. Being able to explore and take in the beautiful nature while exercising is such a rewarding combination.
My kids also participated in their first Kiddie K. They ran two Kiddie K races and loved each one equally as much! It is so great to have them be a part of something I enjoy doing!
I was able to work with some really great companies this year- either through my SweatPink and Fitfluential Ambassadorships or directly with the company itself (Project Repat, Stridebox, Energy Bits). Hands down my two favorite ambassadorships are the ones through Sparkly Soul and Augusta Active. Both companies just really CARE and it is awesome to be able to represent them!
Here we are in 2017 and again I do not really have any set, strong goals. Of course I want to drink more water, cross train more and in general just enjoy life each day. I do not have any number goals that I want to reach. I would love to log 1,000 miles but I also do not want running to be a chore. I would also love to set some new PRs but I also have been racing with the stroller more- so not exactly PR friendly.
Here is what I will do this year:
- This year I will cross the half marathon finish line with one of my best friends in Dallas.
- This year I will cross the half marathon finish line with my husband (race still undecided).
- This year I will be a race ambassador for St. Michaels Running Festival and Zooma Race Series.
- This year I will continue to be a resource for local runners on upcoming races and do a better job of organizing groups runs for our Moms Run This Town Group.
- This year I will become more involved in the local running club that I am a member of.
Races I am Registered* for or Want to run in 2017:
- Dallas Rock n’ Roll Half Marathon*
- Tim Kennard Ten Mile River Race
- Coastal Delaware Running Festival Half Marathon*
- St. Michaels Running Festival Half Marathon*
- Zooma Annapolis (Half or 10k)
- Dogfish Dash 8k
- Runners World Weekend (GRAND SLAM)*
- Surfing Snowman 5-Miler*
In summary I am excited for the new year and the races, places, people and events that I will experience. Do you have any big goals for the year? What races are on your calendar for 2017? What was your highlight of 2016?