As the start of the school year is just around the corner I am often found looking at my calendar to see what is coming up. Along with all the back-to-school events like professional development days, appointments and open houses you can also find the start of my fall races. One new race (for me) that I will adding to my calendar this year is the Run, White & Blue 5k that is taking place at the Delaware Technical Community College- Owens Campus in Georgetown, Delaware.
(Disclaimer: I was given a free entry to help promote this race, however I am VERY excited to participate!)
This 5k or 1 Mile walk will take place on September 1st, with the opening ceremonies starting at 4 p.m. and the 5k race starting at 6 p.m. This is a family friendly event and they even offer free kids registration for children under 5. The best part of this race is that it benefits the Delaware Tech Veteran’s Scholarship- You cannot beat running AND supporting a great cause!
If you are planning to sign up for this race I went ahead and made you a fun and patriotic playlist to get you in the RUN, WHITE & BLUE spirit. Check out these songs below for some of my favorite good old USA tunes that will keep you moving for the 3.1 miles of this race!
Here is a breakdown of all the info you need to know about the Run, White & Blue 5k:
- Date & Time: Thursday, September 1st- Registration/Packet Pick up starts at 5:00 with the race starting at 6:00 pm
- Location: Georgetown, Delaware at the Delaware Technical Community College- Owens Campus. Address for GPS: 21179 College Dr, Georgetown, DE 19947
- Online Registration: Visit www.seashorestriders.com to register for this race. If you are a student, 1st responder, or military take advantage of the low preregistration price of $10.00!! (this discount will not be valid on day of registration). For all others, preregistration is $20.00 (before August 29th). Day of registration prices for everyone is $25.00!
- Silent Marcher: This is a great option if you want to help out a great cause but do not want to actually log those 3.1 miles OR maybe you are busy and cannot make it out to the race. No worries- use the silent marcher option and you pay $20.00 and get the race shirt sent to you!
- Pump and Run: This is a neat way to shrink that 5k time. Pump some iron (There is a set amount that will be given to you based on gender, weight, ect) and you can reduce your 5k time! This is sponsored by World Gym of Millsboro! I may REALLY need to pump some iron to reduce my time- especially if I am pushing the kiddos in the stroller 🙂
The Run, White & Blue 5k and 1 Mile Walk is sure to be a great time for all! I hope to see you at the starting line for some good old fitness and fun! As always your race registration includes a race t-shirt and post race refreshments and family friend fun and games!
Will I see you at the Run, White & Blue 5k? What is your favorite patriotic song to get you pumped up?