With the real “kick-off” to summer quickly approaching I thought I would share with you all the races that are going on around the area for Memorial Day Weekend. Even though this weather has been more March/April-like we are creeping up on summer and it will be hot and humid before we know it! To make this racing weekend even more fun I challenge all of you to use the hashtag #jonesinforarunMDW to share your runs and races with each other!!
If are you are still looking for a run and live locally check out my race round up below!
Saturday, May 28th
- Beach Lacrosse 5k– this is a new race this year and is taking place in Berlin, Maryland. You all know I love Berlin so I will running this race with the little guys in the stroller. This race starts at 9:00 and you can sign up online here: Beach Lax 5k You can also find more information at http://www.beachlax.org
- Justin’s Beach House 5k– this race is taking place in Bethany Beach and is for a great cause! They always have a great turnout because of the charity this is associated with. Each year the money raised from this race goes back into Justin’s Beach House which provides a respite vacation house for families with cancer. You can sign up online through seashore striders by visiting this website. The race starts at 7:30 am!
- Run to Remember- Memorial Day 5k– Another race taking place on Saturday is this race taking place in Salisbury, Maryland. The Run to Remember starts at 9:00 am and is organized through Wicomico recs and parks. Visit their website to sign or up get more information!
- Gotta Have Faye-th 5k Run and Walk- This race is in Camden, Delaware and put on by TriSports Events. The race starts at the Wild Quail Club House at 9 am with a free healthy kids fun run starting at 8:50. Visit the website for more information or registration.
Sunday, May 29th
- Masser 5-Miler– This is one of my all time favorite races! It starts and ends at Cape Henlopen High School and runs through beautiful Lewes! The race kicks off the summer racing series put on through seashore striders and starts at 7:30 am! Visit seashore striders to sign up or for more information!
Monday, May 30th
- Highway One Pictures 5k- This race is the first of the Races2run.com Beach Series. They put on races all summer long including the 10k and ten miler later on in the season. These races are always a good time with a super fun after party! This 5k starts and ends at Rusty Rudder at 8:00 with registration opening at 7:00am! Visit the registration website here.
With all these options for Memorial Day weekend there is no reason to not get out there and at least run ONE of these fun races!
Are you running in a Memorial Day Weekend Race? If so be sure to share it with us by using the hashtag #JonesinforarunMDW to celebrate all of our finish lines!!!