I love a snow-day, especially when I do not have to work! The only bad thing about these snow days is that my routine eating gets all thrown off! Take a sneak peek into my Friday to better understand what I am talking about:
- 5:00 AM: alarm wake up- waiting for the phone call/text about school delay or closing
- 5:15 AM: Still laying in bed waiting for the decision
- 5:29 AM dressed and ready for the day
- 5:30 AM: Text Message saying: Your district is closed today due to weather! ((REALLY?!))
- 5:30-7:30 AM: Lots of non-important things happened during this time slot (coffee, TV, laziness)
- 7:30 AM Make breakfast: Over Easy eggs with an English Muffin
- 7:35-12:30 PM: More non-important things happened during this time (more laziness)
- 12:30 PM: Treadmill Time- I somehow cranked out 8 miles on the treadmill. I can pretty much thank Young and the Restless for keeping me entertained here!
- 2:00 PM: see mail man and head out to grab the mail. Noticed I got a package from Manitoba Harvest- pretty excited to see two sample Hemp Heart Bars courtesy of Fit Approach through a review campaign.
- 2:30 PM: READY TO EAT THE HOUSE BUT DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO EAT!
- 2:35 PM: HEMP HEART BAR TIME!!!!! All is right in the world and I can resume my afternoon plan of grocery store and other errands.
As you can see my eating is TERRIBLE when I am home all day. Luckily the Hemp Heart bars came to my rescue so I could actually function! I was sent two of the three flavors to sample: Chocolate and Apple Cinnamon. I can report only a few days later both bars are gone and I am Jonesin’ to order more.
I can honestly say I am a fan of these bars. I was slightly hesitant as I took the first bite of the chocolate bar on Friday, simply because of the consistency, but I was so hungry I really did not care. Luckily a few bites later I was seriously enjoying this bar! So here is what the Hemp Heart Bars are all about:
“Manitoba Harvest Hemp Heart bars are crafted with the goodness of hemp and other tasty ingredients too. They’ve whipped up three different delicious flavours to choose from: vanilla, chocolate and apple cinnamon. Each 45 gram bar contains 10 grams of plant-based protein and 10 grams of omegas, so whether you grab one for a pre-workout snack or nutrition on the go, these convenient bars are sure to get you through even your busiest day!”
So what should you do next?
1. Order yourself some of these awesome Hemp Heart Bars by visiting www.manitobaharvest.com and browsing all their awesome products! The best part is that Manitoba Harvest wants to give you 15% off your order by using the code: hhbarlaunch1015
*This discount code for 15% off is good until 3/31/2016*
2. Enter the ManitobaHarvest Fueled by Hemp Photo challenge (all details here) by simply tagging @ManitobaHarvest and using the hashtag #fueledbyhemp to be automatically entered to win your favorite hemp food each month.
I am happy to find an on-the-go bar that not only tastes good, but is packed with protein and other healthy ingredients.
What is your go-to bar on a busy day? Have you tried a Hemp Heart Bar- If so, what was your favorite flavor? Chocolate, Vanilla or Apple Cinnamon?