There is nothing like the New Year to put a little pep in your step, a little more power in your punch, and a little more resistance on your bike. Here is my latest and greatest playlist – guaranteed to take your workout up to beast mode status.
- David Guetta – Hey Mama (Feat. Nicki Minaj, Bebe Rexha, & Afrojack)[Club Killers Remix] This remix takes “Hey Mama” to a whole new level.
- Diplo & Sleepy Tom – Be Right There. Nothing like a good throwback remix. You will enjoy this one and can thank me later for introducing you.
- The Griswolds – If You Wanna Stay. All my playlists have to include at least one good alternative song. It’s short, it’s sweet – and is perfect for standing sprints on the bike.
- Wolf Alice – Bros. This is a nice little cool down/easing out of sprints or hills song. There is something about the lead singers voice that I find interesting. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself putting this song on repeat.
- Usher – More (RedOne Jimmy Joker Remix). Classic Usher, just taken up a notch.
- Dimitri Vegas, Like Mike, & Ummet Ozcan –The Hum. No, I promise you this is NOT the annoying “Mockingjay killing tree song”. This song is perfect for a cycling class – 2 mountains – it builds and then has a break, only to crescendo again.
- Fall Out Boy – Irresistible (feat. Demi Lovato). This song only gets better by adding in Demi Lovato. I have found this song to be universally loved in all of my classes by all generations!
- MS MR – Painted. Need a good sprint song, look no further. You will know when to sprint and you will know when to rest.
- Foals – Mountain at My Gates. Another alternative track, perfect for a mixed terrain cycling spot.
Go ahead and sample these songs on iTunes and let me know what you think. Have you heard of some of these songs before? Do you love these songs as much as I do? How do you keep your workout music fresh and where do you find your song inspiration?
Until next time – keep rocking out, working out, and starting the New Year off right.