After reading our recaps of 2015 (Kristen’s & Courtney’s) – hopefully we have captured your attention enough that you might be wondering what we have in store for 2016… Look no further – we have joined forces in this post to give you very important dates of upcoming races and events we are planning to participate in.
- The 1st planned race of the year will definitely be the Chocolate Lover’s 5K. I have participated in this race for the past few years. You can read about my past experiences here and here.
- April 16th will be my first group bike ride of the year with the Ocean to Bay Bike Tour. This will be my 4th time participating in this event. Usually Jimmy will ride with me; however this year the ride coincides with his golf weekend. This might be my first solo bike ride of 62 miles. 62 miles with no one to talk to?!?! Yikes!
- My Mother’s Day will kick off at the Delaware Running Festival on May 8th with a half marathon. This will be my 7th year running this race! I have to keep the streak alive!
- Finally – an event right in my backyard! I love being able to sleep in my own bed and ride to the start line. The Amish Country Bike Tour on September 10th is always a favorite of mine. There are multiple distances to choose from – but I am planning on riding the 62 mile option.
- I am contemplating going back to where it all began… my first half marathon – the Baltimore Running Festival Race date is Saturday October 15th.
- My race season kicks off tomorrow (January 2nd) with the Surfin’ Snowman 5-miler which takes place in Bethany Beach. This is my third year running this race and this year they made a slight change to make it a Twilight Race starting at 4:00 p.m. Each year I have finished slightly faster than the years before so we will see what I can do tomorrow! It is not to late to join and save $5.00 using the code KRISTEN2016!
- Zooma RunLove Virtual 10k. This virtual run is jammed packed with a training plan, sweet swag including feetures socks, a cozy sweatshirt, medal and a weekly newsletter! The training starts January 4th so sign up now!
- Next up on my radar is the Tim Kennard Ten Miler which takes place March 6th. Again this is a repeat race from last year but despite the miserable weather (snow, rain, freezing rain) the race itself was great.
- St. Michaels Running Festival Half marathon- this one is May 21st and I will be running this for the 3rd year in a row. I have again been asked back to be an ambassador so if you want to join me and save some money be sure to use the code AMBSTEWARTK16 to save $10.00 and by the way- prices increase on the 4th so right now you can sign up for the half for $70.00 if using the discount! DO IT- the race is flat and fast!!!
- June 4th will take me to my first ever Zooma race! I am excited to be going back to Annapolis, but this time for the Zooma Annapolis half! The course is similar to the Annapolis Running Classic so yes that bridge will included. I am hoping to make this race a fun girls weekend so who wants to join me? Use the code KRISTEN16 and save 10% when signing up!!!
- As Courtney mentioned above she is thinking about going back to Baltimore for the Baltimore Running Festival half. I am currently signed up and ready to go as I deffered my entry from last year.
These are all my definite races at this point. There are other local races I will probably do as well like the Shamrock Shuffle 15k, Dogfish Dash (as long as I can get in), OC Ten Miler, Dewey Beach ten miler and so on.
Courtney & Kris together:
- The Cherry Blossom 10 Miler appears again in our race calendar on April 3rd. We had such a blast last time, we figured why not sign up again.
- Expect a repeat performance for the Rehoboth Beach half marathon on December 3rd. Only this time, BOTH husbands will be running with us! (Peer pressure got the best of them)
- While the date has not been announced yet, we are pretty sure that we will again be running in the Annapolis Running Classic half marathon.
Sheeww , our calendars are full but I do not think we would have it any other way! We would love to know if you will running any of the same races this year or maybe you have a favorite race we MUST try! Here is to a fun and exciting race season full of finish lines, shiny medals and lots of smiles!