Now that the Turkey Trots are behind us it is time to focus on all the other up and coming Holiday races that take place right here on Delmarva. Right here on our little peninsula we have lots of Holiday inspired races to keep your calendars full through the Holidays. I am not sure if it was the Cyber Monday sales or maybe just lack of focus at work but I found myself signing up for all sorts of races- some holiday inspired.
- Reindeer Run 5k– Saturday, December 5th at 9:00 AM in Berlin, Maryland. If I was not running the Rehoboth Half this is where I would be on Saturday. While I have never run this race I love all things Berlin! This race is sure to be a fun time as you get to run through my all time favorite little town. If you run it, be sure to grab a few cupcakes afterwards at CupCakes in Bloom 🙂
- Ocean City Winterfest of Lights Jingle Bell Run 5k– December 6th at 5:00 PM. This is the first year I have run this however this is the 4th year they have organized this race. The Winterfest of Lights is a huge event that Ocean City puts together. The race will run through the lights and around surrounding areas. The best part is that after the race you can take the tram ride through the lights while drinking your hot chocolate and then have a visit with Santa! You can check out more details for the race here.
- YMCA Reindeer run 10k/5k– this race takes place on December 12th at 8 AM at the YMCA in Salisbury. The race will run around the Salisbury Park and Zoo area. The flyer below has more information about the upcoming race.
- Snowball Run 5k– December 13 at 10:00 AM. This chilly race takes place at the Cape Henlopen State Park Fishing Pier. The run takes you around part of the state park and offered Christmas bulb awards for age group winners! The few times I’ve run this race it’s been fun it cold so be sure to bundle up! More information can be found at the seashorestriders website.
- Race Into the New Year 5k– December 31st at Noon in Rehoboth Beach. This is one of my favorite races and I have done it a few times throughout the past few years. This race is a great way to end the year as you run through Rehoboth and then can enjoy a nice lunch at the surrounding restaurants.
- Hair of the Dog 5k/10k– January 1st, 8:45 AM Start time. If you want to really kick your new year off on the right foot come out for this fun event! The Hair of the Dog features either a 10k or 5k to get yourself moving bright and early on January 1st! If you really want to be crazy you can sign up for the Exercise like the Eskimos ocean plunge (I am cold just thinking about it!)
- Surfing Snowman 5- Miler/Santa’s Helper 2-Miler- January 2nd at a new twilight time: 4:00 PM in Bethany beach. If the Hair of the Dog was not enough come out again on Saturday for the popular Surfin Snowman! I have run this race the past two years and it was been epic to say the least! The double-loop course makes the time go by quick and you may even be able to snag a picture with the Snowman himself! If you do happen to sign up for the race be sure to save $5.00 by using the code KRISTEN2016 when you register!
So there you have it- the round up of my favorite Holiday inspired races on Delmarva. Will I see you at any of these races? Do you have a favorite race I forgot on my list?