Have you ever had one of those moments that you look at the calendar and you are like “Holy Smokes its (the next month) already?!” Well that is exactly how I feel right now. March has seemed like a blur with all of its events: sickness throughout the house, hubs traveling out of town, 5-day work weeks (yuck), car issues and I am sure there is more that I just cannot remember right now.
To be honest I am glad March is almost over. It teases us with days of sunshine and warm weather and then comes back at us with cold, windy miserable days. Yes, March is supposed to come in like a Lion and leave like Lamb but I have yet to see the lamb… have you seen it?
I did get to do some really fun things in March
- Ran in the Tim Kennard 10-Miler in the snow, freezing rain & rain (that was not that fun, however meeting some of the Delmarva Moms Run This Town ladies was!!)
- Me and the kiddos mapped out the course for the Strike out ALS 5k in April
- Went to an Easter Egg hunt with some of my sorority sisters and their adorable children
- Ran in the Shamrock Shuffle 15k
- Tanner set a stroller run PR of around 7.6 miles
April on the other hand is a month I am looking forward to. So many fun events coming up: spring break, Bunnypalooza 10k, Cherry Blossom 10-Miler, Strike Out ALS 5k (the race I am the Race Director for), wedding of a friend, possibly a half marathon, baby shower of my childhood best friend, and again I am sure there are more things I am forgetting.
Mile mileage for March has been minimal. As I re-posted before I have been part of the “Delmarva Moms Run This Town: Spring Into Action” Challenge. It seemed so simple- run 30 miles in 20 days. While I will complete this challenge, for a while I was wondering if I would ever break the 3 mile mark! A major running funk had plagued me and thank goodness it did not last long!
As we March into April and I view my calendar for the upcoming month it shows I have a race planned for every weekend! So here is a preview of what my April Racing schedule looks like and maybe I will even see you at one of them!
- Bunnypalooza 10k– Bethany Beach, April 4th. This Easter inspired race should be a great time! I have my best running friend (Lacee) plus my sister joining me. I hoping this is the 10k that I finally get that sub 1:00 time. I have been SO close in the past (like seconds) but have yet to cross this goal off my list. One awesome thing about this race is that it will be my first as part of the “Road Crew” for the Athletes Serving Athletes team. I will give you more info about that in another post!
- Cherry Blossom 10-Miler– Washington, DC, April 12th. This is more of a girls weekend away with a Ten Mile run involved than an actual race to me. I get to spend the weekend with some of my sole mates and do something awesome things like get cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcake, see all the monuments, and log 10 miles! Sounds like a win- win to me! Not really shooting for any specific time since I already had a 10-mile PR in the books for this year. This race is all about Fitness and FUN!
- Seashore Classic Half Marathon– Lewes, DE- April 19th- This once was my most anticipated race of the year. My husband and his friend were using this goal as their first-ever, get-in-shape, half marathon and due to unforeseen circumstances they both backed out. I am left in limbo of do I go and run it? I ran it last year (recap here) and really enjoyed the smaller size race. After running races with groups of friends it was kinda fun to show up and just run and be happy with whatever my finishing time was. This ended up being my half PR so it could be fun to run it and see if I can PR again… hmmmmmm
- Strike Out ALS 5k & 2 Mile Walk– Frankford, DE- April 25th- This race is the most special to me because this is the race that I organized again this year. Last year this race was a great success (race director recap here)- about 140 runners, thousands of dollars raised and most of all my community, family and friends all came to help raise awareness of ALS. It was such a humbling experience and I cannot wait for this years event- even though it will be sad since the man whom this race is for has lost his battle with ALS our goal of raising money and awareness will not stop! We again have TONS of great prizes donated and a new location for the event. It will sure to be another amazing experience for me as a race director and hopefully a fun event for the participants!
So as you can see my April already has a lot going on! Hopefully by the time my first race rolls around the weather will be more “lamb” like and we are not in full “April Shower” mode!
What does your race calendar look like? Would you still run a half if the main reason you planned to run fell through?