It is here! National Running Day!
The past two years I was overly pregnant and had zero desire to run and really did not see much point in celebrating a day I would not participate in. This year however it is a different story!
I feel like I am just as excited about National Running Day as I am about any other holidays… well maybe not the holidays where I get lots of candy but you get the point.
In honor of National Running Day I decided to give myself a set of questions to answer to reflect on and share with you:
1. Why do you run?
I run for many reasons. It kind of depends on the day but for the most part I run because I want to live a healthy lifestyle. I always feel so much better after I run and that usually is my exercise of choice. Plus have you ever run and then not felt happy afterwards?
2. How do you plan to celebrate National Running Day?
(1) get up early and start my day with a run (2) order myself a new pair of running shoes (3) reflect on my race calendar for the year
3. How many miles have you run so far this year?
4. What big events do you have on the race calendar so far this year?
5. Before I leave for a run you must have:
Phone with music, sun glasses, gum, sparkly soul headband
6. Do you have one favorite app to track your runs?
Runkeeper all the way! Add me as a friend- Kristen Jones!!! 🙂
7. Who is your favorite running partner?
Definitely my sister, Courtney! We only run races together but we always have fun! She inspires me to do things I never thought I would be able to do and sign up for races I never dreamed I would want to run!
8. What races have you ran so far this year?
A handful of small local races but some of the bigger ones include: Cherry Blossom Ten Miler, Seashore Classic Half Marathon and the St. Michaels Half Marathon. You can check our the race recaps and times on the race recap page!
9. If you had to give someone one piece of advice about running what would it be?
Sign up for a race. Once you sign up that desire to train and achieve your goal all starts!
10. Describe your relationship with running in one word:
How are you planning to celebrate National Running Day?
What one word could you use to describe your relationship with running?